Monday, January 5, 2009

So much for updating during break....

Tunes:"Foreign Home"// Horny Vampyre

Well, my winter break is pretty much over. It's amazing to me how fast this break got away from me. However, I am so ready to get the show on the road. 16 weeks stand between me and my Master's degree and I am just really antsy and sick of waiting to get a move on with all this.

To get everyone up to speed, Christmas was good, hanging out with family & friends was great and New Years was ridiculous. See video below...



I saw Horny Vampyre on New Years, what'd YOU do? haha.
It was good seeing people I haven't seen in years- literally. All break I have been running into people that I honestly had sort of forgotten existed, or maybe more accurately, I forgot they were really a part of my life. Strange how distance and time doesn't remove the past from our lives.

Some times at the new year I don't make resolutions. Other years I make a ton of them and don't really keep them. This time around, I feel that since 2008 was less than great (haha) I need for 2009 to be awesome. I have a lot to accomplish this year, here's a few things I'm striving for:

1. Volunteer more. Life is too short, quit wasting it on making plans and preparing only for the future. Live in the moment more and do things for others right NOW because it's the only real thing that matters.
2. Stop worrying about things I can't control.
3. Put real effort into things I want to happen.
4. Be more organized with all facets of my life in the 'burg.
5. Procrastinate less.
6. Make my job a priority again, but also make doing meaningful things a high priority. I don't want to just sit around on a Friday nights because of how stressed everything that needs to get done makes me feel. Instead, I want to start being more productive in those moments because stressing doesn't get anything done.
7. Keep meeting people. New people make life interesting.
8. GRADUATE. and get a job-- but don't freak out if it's not the job you want right away. I'm going to apply to different things, attempt new things and will NOT underestimate myself.
9. Sew more!! Get a head start on certain projects that need to get done for certain friends' wedding showers that are fast approaching.
10. Keep the polaroid dream alive!
11. VEGETARIANISM!
12. Save money so living in Boston is actually possible...financially.
13. TRAVEL A LITTLE BIT! I know people in far away places...I should be taking advantage of them in the nicest way possible. haha.
14. Pretend that this is my last year on earth, so it's the best it could possibly be.

Speaking of resolutions- I need to get a move on one of them (not procrastinating as much) and get home for dinner.

Bonne Annee!
<3 Leigh

No comments: