Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm not buying what you are selling...

Tunes:"Drink Deep"// HV

A brief recap in pictures of what my last few weeks have been...


[if you watch The Office, you understand how sweet this gift from Ricker is]

[my brother and I made home made pretzels!]


[my brother and I played Jenga!]


[my brother and I goofed off in the back seat of the car!]


[my brother and I shopped at Old Navy!]

[I enjoyed random photo-op's with Bou & Nin]

[I remembered why I've loved these chicks since I was 14]

[I was in a Jacq sandwich...while hanging with Raymond's finest]

[I got to be Jukebox Hero along with Mr. Hayes here, ha]

[I enjoyed the 'burg for a bit...sans students]

[I BOUGHT PINSONNEAULT POTATOES!]

[I hung out at Greenberry's...my most favorite of the coffee shops I frequent]

Lately I've been doodling a lot of owls. Heck if I know why. Some girl friends of mine from home have started a crafting swap with the intentions of having monthly crafting themes and swaps amongst us involved. I think this month's theme of woodland creatures has led to my unusual, new found love for doodling things such as owls, trees and fauna.

Being back on air this Monday made my week start off fantastically.
Listen if you can next week, and every week until May!
Monday's 12-2, "The Sounds Caught In Mason Jars" with me! Leigh
on WXJM Harrisonburg- 88.7 fm/ WXJM.org

Around noon today my cousin Candace called me while I was poking around Mercy House-- my favorite local thrift store. I haven't heard from her in months, and to be honest, I was so happy to hear from her I just got in my car and drove in circles around town for 2 hours while catching up. There is so much about her that inspires me to strive to be a better, more compassionate, giving and joyous human being. How lucky am I to have her as a part of my life. I look forward to a day or two this summer in the company of her and her amazing, beautiful kids.

It's like I'm attempting to find a balance. Lots of advice has been given to me lately...lots of things I can/should/better be doing. I just want to fly by the seat of my pants until I get somewhere interesting and full of enough life to keep me interested in staying for a while. The job search is daunting, but I am so ready. THIS moment in time-- where I can send out my resume, apply for jobs, interview and make big decisions-- is one I have been waiting for. 2 years in the making. Now it's time. We'll see where it all takes me...

A week from today is Inauguration Day! Assuming my supervisor gives me the okay to not be at staff meeting, I will be in the thick of all of it. Erin is hoping to drive down from Lowell and meet me in Springfield where we can stay with some family she has there. I am beyond excited at the prospect of such an epic adventure. I'll keep you all posted!

I think instead of staying up too late, munching on bad-for-me-food and being unproductive, I will head to bed.
Much love from the 'burg!
-Leigh

No comments: