Thursday, January 8, 2009

the last 5 minutes...

Tunes:WNRN (the best independent radio station ever)

I feel very compelled to quickly update. I have some paperwork to complete, and instead of sitting in my apartment to do so, I decided to come to Old Dominion Coffee downtown.

As I waited in line at the counter, the women in front of me said-- while paying for her beverage-- that it was too cold for her outside. Mind you, it is about 38 degrees out right now which, granted, is chilly. But c'mon lady, this is nothing. Anyways. She goes on to say that she has just gotten back from Florida and she was not ready for this kind of a change in temperature. I chimed into the conversation as the boy at the counter chuckled and agreed with her observation. "I just came from New Hampshire," I say, "This isn't bad at all- it could be much worse." The lady had a semi-sheepish look on her face as she laughed and walked over to the cream and sugar, "Well, I guess I should stop whining, huh? Haha."
I order my coffee and head over to the cream & sugar as well. While fixing up my drink, she looks up at me and asks if I'm from NH. I explain to her yes, and how snowy and cold it had been the last month. She asks me as our small talk is ending if I had ever gone "to see [her] before." I was sort of confused by this, and my face showed it. She went on to say, "I'm the psychic from across the street. Haven't you come to see me before?" "No, I swear- I haven't" I reply. "Huh," she says, "Well- you have a twin in this town! And you really should come and see me sometime. Take care, sweetheart."

I was perplexed. I don't understand psychics. But all I kept thinking was, "isn't she supposed to know whether or not she's met me before? She's a psychic!"

In anycase, I'm thinking I may go see her sometime. Maybe it'll be interesting.
I'll bring a friend. Haha.

<3

2 comments:

Jake said...

Hah, interesting. It was 38 here in Northern VA today as well, and I thought it was kinda balmy for December. It could certainly be worse. FYI, the top goes down in my car above ~45° so I can 'deal' with the semi-cold weather pretty well.

I miss you, friend! Let's do lunch/dinner/coffee sometime!

-Jake

Kelly said...

we'll go together (to the psychic)! right after LGC. and baltimore weather is no peach, but not as bad as NH in any way/shape/form.