Thursday, March 26, 2009

no rest for the weary...

Tunes:the colbert report.

This week was a big, big week for me and the rest of my classmates. Portfolio was due Wednesday at noon. I worked on it at the library for 17 hours just this weekend and then countless more last week and this week. I stayed up until 4am Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning to finish it. But! It is done. I am pretty proud of it. I feel like I did as well as I could given my procrastination.

And what I thought would be a really huge moment in my graduate career was extremely anti-climactic. Figures.

Kristen & I made a celebratory cake Wednesday just the same and had a bunch of our cohort over for a champagne toast to the end of that mountain of work. And then I was so ready to just collapse into a heap until graduation...but no. I spent all day today shopping for professional attire to wear at the conference I'm going to this weekend.
It was the crummiest day ever. It was grey and rainy and BLUH and I wanted to crawl under a rock. Instead I meandered around JC Penney for the better part of the afternoon. I did end up finding things to wear- thank God. But this weekend cannot end soon enough.

I have 9 interviews lined up total.
3 on Saturday: Siena, Hampshire, UMass Lowell
5 on Sunday: SUNY Oneonta, Keene, Nichols, Salem State, Hofstra
1 on Monday: University of Southern Maine

Monday evening there's this reception just for JMU people which is supposed to be fun, and then in theory I'll be done Tuesday. I may get asked to a couple second interviews. I may find it difficult to share a room with 4 other people for 4 days. I may be seeing Mr. Tyler Kavanagh while up there (the conference is outside DC)...
In short, I may go crazy while I'm up there. Ha.

All I know is this time next week I will be so less stressed out.
In the meantime...cripes. I really should pack.
Lots of love to New England- I miss everyone so much!
<3 Leigh

PS. This weekend (after 17 hours in the library) I went to a late showing on Sunday night of "I Love You, Man" and it is absolutely my new favorite movie. Nothing made my weekend better than watching Paul Rudd flounder helplessly with modern lingo and slang. Ha. so so so good...and c'mon, the man's a fox (yup, I said it)!!

No comments: