Tuesday, March 3, 2009

the ball is rolling...

Tunes:"brother sport"// animal collective

The last 2 days have been oddly productive, yet wouldn't seem like it to most anyone else but me, I'm sure.

I have lined up interviews with SUNY Oneonta (which is just an hour and a half outside of Albany) as well as SUNY Oswego (which is north of Syracuse, right on Lake Ontario). I have also sent information to:
-Emerson College & Northeastern (both in Boston...the top of my list!)
-Siena College(again, right outside of Albany)
-Salem State College (Salem, MA)
-University of Southern Maine (Gorham, ME)
-UMASS Lowell (Lowell, MA...clearly)
-SUNY Cortland (Cortland, NY...upstate, west of Cooperstown)
-Nichols College (Dudley, MA...in the middle of nowhere)
-Keene State College (Keene, NH...Go Owls!)
-Bentley College (Waltham, MA)

So, I'll be sure to keep on updating because as of now I have only heard back from 3 or 4 places. I'll be sending out my information to Hampshire College (Amherst, MA) and the School of Visual Arts (New York, NY) this evening. It's very exciting to know that in a few months I will be headed somewhere new- and closer to home and people I care about.

In order for that to happen however, I need to submit a portfolio on March 25th. I've known about it since starting the program, but in true procrastinator fashion, I have put it off to the last minute. My goal is to finish 2 sections of it this week (doubtful) and then 2 more over break (here's hoping)...I want to go home to see the bro- but as of now it's going to be a very short trip so I can utilize the days off to fully work on my portfolio. I COULD work on it at home, I just don't envision that happening. But in anycase- break begins this Friday evening and I am incredibly stoked to not have any obligations to attend to here for a full 9 days. HOLLER.

Now...I need to run. Staff meeting to hold, dinner to eat, a cake to buy (an RA's birthday is tomorrow)...things, things, things.
Thanks for reading- I miss everyone a lot!
Much love,
LEIGH!

No comments: