Saturday, September 27, 2008

What a positively positive week!

Tunes:House M.D. (marathon!)

Well, it has been a HECK of a week. A good week, but still a heck of a week. Ha. In case you're interested, here's a quick recap. I'll add pictures to make it seem more interesting. :]

I managed to have 5 incident follow-up meetings on Sunday. Bang-em out! Monday, I finished my first portion of my Simulation University project. Which allowed me to feel absolutely relieved for the remainder of the week. I aced a quiz in Stats on Tuesday. Wednesday went by quickly- the class that I teach went well, my 1:1's were great, and our staff meeting was goofy and went by fast. I spent a few hours freezing my butt off up on the other side of campus talking with Collin- but it was ok. "Time well spent." Right on.
AND THEN MY LOANS CAME THROUGH! [and I felt a weight be lifted from my shoulders]
Thursday, I got coffee with the wonderful miss Kelly McKew, who lived in Shorts last year. My radio show went well- I was able to play some requests for the likes of Mel & Phil Walton. Then I spent all afternoon, gallavanting with Chris Evans whom I miss more than I like to admit. We went to the mall in Staunton, which is really more like a mini-mall. I got fantastic room fresheners there and now my room smells like Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. If you can, go to Bath & Body Works and snag yourself one of these:



ALSO, Chris and I watched the season premiere of The Office (which I have waited all summer for!!) annnd it was the best hour of television I've watched since last spring. Not that I've watched a lot, but it was great. JIM & PAM ARE ENGAGED! It's sad that a television couple makes me happy, but I can't deny that they do. haha.

Yesterday, I caught some "Tunes at Noon"- which is this new thing TDU is doing which is sort of awesome- with, again, Phil Walton. Then Hannah and I drove the hour and a half drive over the mountains to her house. Mmm. Eating food made by a Mom (not my Mum, but a Mom nonetheless), sleeping in a real bed and having no one to worry about was exactly what I needed. We then spent all day today in a positively liberal way, meandering around the 2008 Vegetarian Festival in Charlottesville.



Being in that environment, surrounded by those kinds of people, really made me want to go veg again...or at the very least, continue along the more creulty free path I've been on the last month or so (limited meat consumption, and limiting my meat to free range or local). I got to eat a lot of meat-free, dairy-free stuff this weekend. And! I discovered some new must-haves for myself, including the following...


[the best tofu I've ever eaten!]



[legitimately is better than cream cheese]



[GINGER iced tea. best ever]



[yes. this is a new must-have. I am so determined to get a Beagle after yesterday, it may legitimately play a role in what schools I apply at next year. well, yeah. maybe...the festival was also an adoption center for locally fostered, homeless pets. so bummed we couldn't help one]


In short, I am in such a happy place.
I'm going to go watch another few episodes of House, find some good recipes and tuck in early for the night. Much love!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I LOVE that you mentioned me in this post, even though you basically just skated over our very important whisper-conversation in the airport lounge. I hope tonight's jailbreak gets a better entry. Hmmpf!!