Saturday, September 20, 2008

Things I've been doing & Things I'm looking forward to...

Tunes:"riverside"// trent wagler & the steel wheels

The weather is so chilly these last few days, it is FANTASTIC. It's compelled me to plan for a weekend home in October so we can go apple picking and I can bring my brother to a movie or bowling and so I can soak in that crisp New England air. October 17th!
I'll actually be heading up to New England the day before (Thursday) and staying the night in Boston. Alli-- my RA from my freshman year at UNH, past co-worker & great friend-- lives there, and that night Ben Kweller (a musician I have loved since high school, yet who I've recently re-discovered) is playing a show at the Paradise and she and I are going to go!!



It's pretty ridiculous that I'm going to drive 10 hours to get there for 9pm to see BK, but it'll be so worth it. I haven't seen Alli in a year and a half, so this makes the weekend I'm going to have at home even better. I am extremely excited- Boston. Alli. Ben Kweller. HOME. Little Brother. Mum & Dad. Apple Picking. Long drives up north. White Mountains. Leaf peeping. Sweatshirts & sneakers. Red Sox! HOME.
I think you get the point, I'm stoked. Ha.

Speaking of live music, last night Hannah and I went to our favorite place in town-- The Little Grill Collective-- to see Trent Wagler & the Steel Wheels. They are this amazing americana/folk/bluegrass band whose home base is actually Harrisonburg, which is pretty cool. Collin & Collen joined us after dinner and we all danced in our seats (and eventually standing up) for a good 2 hours. I encourage anyone who has a stigma against americana music (banjos, mandolins, etc) to give Trent a listen. The talent of these musicians is incredible and Trent's voice is so great, I doubt many people could dislike them...



All week I have been trying to get work done on an enormous project I have due Monday. I have about half of it done, and I can not make myself work on it. I told myself to NOT let it wait until tomorrow...and I am trying so hard to be good and get it done, but my staff wants to hang out today, so I'm going to limit myself to hanging out until later today and then I'll come back and do work all night. Really.

In the meantime, I should get ready for staff hang out time.
Call me sometime! Miss you all!
xo

No comments: