Monday, September 15, 2008

"Most happenings are beyond expression; they exist where a word has never intruded."

Tunes:kathy griffin

"You are so young, so much before all beginning, and I would like to beg you, dear Sir, as well as I can, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer."
-Ranier Maria Rilke (1875-1926)



Mati and I have been bouncing ideas back and forth today on the "answers" to the big "questions" and he sent this along to me. I found it so simply put, it really changed my perspective on all this. So thanks to Mati for that, and thanks to Ranier Maria Rilke for penning such insightful words in 1903.

No comments: