Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tunes:"Check Your Time"// Westbound Train

This week was a very quick one...went by super fast.
The majority of last Sunday, Monday & Tuesday I spent reading this book:





Phenomenal.
It's for class, but it didn't feel like it was for class, so I really was able to get into the reading of it and let it really affect me...which it REALLY, really did. Margaret Atwood is a genius. Her play on words, her metaphors, her simplicity and minimalism...it made me want to start writing..again, I guess.

I forget that I was once on the track to be a writer (journalist) of sorts...but I've been thinking more and more about starting to focus more of my attention on writing. I'm not interested in short stories. Or novels. I find that I am most intrigued by being able to accurately describe a short moment of time (like I often do in here, while at coffee houses or wherever I may be) and have it be something that's captivating to read. I'm afraid that there is no niche for that...but I may just create one for myself to dwell in. We'll see.

I've officially heard back from Marist College and they've already filled the position I applied for. But! I did get a call from Plymouth State University and will be doing a phone interview with them next week. Finally! The ball is rolling.

Thursday a friend of mine from undergrad, Amanda, came down here and stayed at my place while she interviewed for the same program I'm in. She and I were RA's together back at UNH and she's so sweet and wonderful...I hope she gets in.
I spent Thursday showing her around and catching up with her.
Yesterday I spent in a weird haze due to the dreary weather, but was able to bake a cake for Stacey's surprise birthday party last night. It was a Yellow Butter cake with light and fluffy chocolate icing and Strawberry/Amaretto compote as the filling. Everyone enjoyed it. Stacey's party was a huge success- she had no idea, she cried and we had a blast all evening (ending with a ridiculous dance party in the kitchen). I really do love some of these people I've chanced to be in the program with. Such fun, caring and supportive people. <3

Now...I'm trying to get myself out of bed.
I have things I could and should be doing. I think I shall.

No comments: