Sunday, February 22, 2009

sometimes, I am so unproductive. But I did write this really long post!

Tunes:"my last mistake"// Dan Auerbach

What a long and draining week. I feel like I've been anxious and worried about things non-stop all week. One really awesome thing that I did this week was break down and buy a record player. They were on sale at Target, and it's a 4-in-One system with a cd player, tape deck, radio and even a place to plug in my ipod. So, I caved and got it and have been enjoying the vinyl I'd been collecting the last 2 years finally. My favorite thing to crank up loud (besides NPR on the radio) is this double live album by the Rollingstones. If anyone has any vinyl they don't want, don't throw it away! I'll gladly take it off your hands.

This week I spent a lot of time agonizing over the job-search process. When I read articles like this one though, I feel happy with my decision to make my career in Higher Education. When the economy sucks, everyone goes back to school. And what is needed to make that school run? Administrators. Like me (well, sort of like me). That thought is offering me enough relief to keep me going.

My weekend seemed to fly by. I've spent the majority of it under the fog of a tough headache, but I've also managed to bake a lot and clean my kitchen a bit. Friday, a day I normally have completely off, was spent in fake interviews all morning (to prep for real interviews in March) and then with the afternoon-long process of RA room sign-up. I enjoy this process because I get to try and sell certain dorms to certain RA's (and by "sell" I mean convince them to live and work there next year).

I've been unsuccessful in trying to catch up on sleep. It's really super frustrating.

Yesterday was the CoolAid craft fair to benefit the Harrisonburg Food Bank. It was a bit strange as it was moved from an on-campus location to a house off-campus where some radio station kids live. So it was way out of the way, and it was in this cramped little house. But it was oddly successful- I made about $25 selling magnets, record bowls, mini paintings, greeting cards and (my biggest seller) vegan cupcakes...


[cute tablecloth, hm?]


[oh, record bowls]

Chris Evans showed up and sat with me for a while- I never see him these days, and I miss him! It was nice of him to stick around amidst the awkwardness that was the craft fair.

Later when I got home, my headache was so much worse than it had been all day. I tried to lay down and nap, but I was antsy and anxious and instead watched Conan reruns online. Which reminds me- Friday his last show aired. I teared up- the man was so gracious, thankful and genuine and I just hope the best for his move to California.
Having said that, now seems like an appropriate time to post round one of pictures from my trip to NYC. These are from my cell phone- I hope to put my real photos up here sometime soon...but! In the meantime, here's what I captured on the camera phone...

[waking up in New Jersey...the railroad behind the Selheim's house]

[hot dog icons!]

[inside Gray's Papaya...best hot dogs I've ever had]


[times square!]


[we saw Isla Fischer later that afternoon!]


[outside 30 Rockafeller Center]

[obligatory shot of the ice rink at 30 Rock]

[Kristen in the NBC store, waiting to go up to studio 6A]

[me with the NBC peacock, after the Conan taping]


[wine at that fancy-pants dinner party]

[sweetest range I've ever seen at Kristen's Uncle's house]


[Mum, this kitchen reminded me so much of one you'd love]


[soon to be Mr. & Mrs. Covino- Bryan and Kristen are so domestic]


[the sunset over Baltimore...driving back to VA]

Now, I will attempt productivity...or maybe I'll sleep. We'll see.
<3>

No comments: