Sunday, February 15, 2009

New Jersey?

Tunes:peter gabriel

I am in love with the place.
New York City, too.

I have so much to say about my weekend that I'd probably bore everyone who reads this. I'll try to keep it short and sweet...

Seeing Conan O'Brien live was something I'll honestly never forget being a part of. It was so (oddly) thrilling to be there in that tiny studio with him right there in front of me. The guests were decent- I laughed and hollered a lot. While I did not shake Conan's hand, I did share a moment of dorkiness with him while the musical guest was performing. He looked over at the audience and made eye contact with me, which I followed up with a thumbs up-- to which he responded with a smile and thumbs up, too. So good.

I told LaBamba how awesome he was and I waved to the Jonas Brothers as the exited the studio. I also asked on the way out if it was possible to snag a cue card. The stage manager got me THREE and now I have proof that I was there...





SO awesome.

Also, Kristen's family was so welcoming and wonderful. We went shopping on Saturday in Red Bank (where I got to extend my vinyl collection), and lounged around on real furniture. I even got to attend her Aunt Linda's 50th birthday party last night- which was really a 4 course meal thrown together by her Uncle. I got to eat Fois Gras AND Black Truffles in the same night- and I had sort of assumed those were 2 things I'd probably never eat! All this happened at a house in the same neighborhood where Bruce Springsteen lives. I KNOW, RIGHT?!

In short, coolest time in Jersey ever.
Now, back to reality. Job applications, here I come!

<3 Leigh

3 comments:

Frank A Ameka said...

awesome, although the thumbs up thing was really dorky, but really cool

Lauren Teresa said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time :)

Uncle Dave said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT TIME, Sam will be jealous