Sunday, February 8, 2009

Reality is setting in...

Tunes:"If I Have To Go"// Tom Waits

Well, I'm hitting the reality portion of grad school, it seems. Before I go to bed, I'm thinking about how I should have done more on portfolio. When I'm baking or cooking or doing dishes, I'm anxious about how I could be doing homework. I'm in two classes this semester, but it feels like I have a 5 class course load with the amount of worry I do.

I have begun to apply at the following schools:
-Marist College (NY)
-Johnson & Wales University (RI)
-SUNY Cortlant (NY)
-Bryant Univsersity (RI)
-Plymouth State University (NH)
-SUNY Geneseo (NY)

A ton more to do, but I can't do them all at once without having an anxiety attack. I'm hoping one from my early round of applications works out so I can stop sending my stuff to places in Virginia, Tennessee and Pennsylvania. But you know, I'd rather have a job than not, so I'll do what I have to (including applying for a full-time position here). I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on this for sure.

This weekend was decent. I am really excited for next, though as I will be going to New Jersey! In the meantime a lot of work awaits me. I'm doing a presentation tomorrow with 2 of my classmates on the topic "What Is Gender?" and I've engulfed myself in figuring out what to say about it all day. I also am reading this book for my Multiculturalism and Diversity class...




SUCH a great read. I am determined to finish it by tomorrow.
It'll happen. The author writes about her experiences trying to get by on minimum wage in a slew of different jobs, including serving in Key West and being a maid in Maine. Really, really interesting and not what you'd expect at all. I suppose it's only making my liberal heart bleed more, haha, but I'm glad I am being required to read it.

In anycase, hope all is well wherever you are.
Much love,
LA

1 comment:

Jake said...

That book sounds fascinating. If you don't mind, I'd love to borrow it when you're done.

Best of luck on those applications!! Some day (when you're not stressing) we should go driving. I went today with a MM friend and it was awesome.