Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring! Sprang! Sprung!

Tunes:"chinese translation"// m. ward

It's already been about a week since I updated last, hasn't it? This week began as most weeks do- and I felt completely overwhelmed by the amount of things I needed to get done in just the span of a few days. Also, as most weeks go, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.

This weekend I was on-call for the campus meaning every RA needs to call me if any sort of emergency happens in one of the 27 halls. It wasn't as bad as it could have been (Easter meant lots of people went home) but I did have my fair share to deal with. Needless to say, I missed out on a fun weekend home with my family...which was a tremendous bummer. Not only was their Easter on Sunday at Aunt Joce's but Saturday night I missed Aunt Kim's 50th!
In trying to keep myself busy, I prepped and made a huge breakfast for my friend Amanda, her parents, her boyfriend- Josh (he's an HD here with me) and another girl I'm an HD with, Sarah. I was even impressed with myself; I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off. But the Panuline's loved it and I felt really great being able to feed a bunch of people on a day that I'd normally be spending with family...they were my surrogate family for the morning. It was nice.

At current I am on duty for one of my RA's...sitting in the office, goofing off on my computer and doing rounds? I feel like I'm a sophomore again.
What's making this better is that I am eating lofthouse cookies...



Yes, the cookie IS as delicious as it looks. And yes, I have a lot of pride for the Sox lately...although they're kind of killing me. 4th to last place in the league?! Beckett suspended for 6 games??!! It's too much. I can not WAIT to be able to watch games on TV again.

Which reminds me, I got a phone call today from Nichols College up in Dudley, Massachusetts. And I will be visiting their campus/interviewing on the 1st of May! Exciting to feel like I'm making some sort of progress...even if they're the only on-campus I have lined up. I really like this school, though- so this really could be a great opportunity for me. Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

Tomorrow I'm going with Bianca to get her first tattoo...she even let me design it! While there I'll be talking to Margaret, the tattoo artist, about mine. She should have a sketch all ready for me and then hopefully I'll get it in the next few days!

There has been entirely too many exclamation points in this post. Sorry about that!!
ha.

Off to finish duty...and I'm going to bed EARLY.
so excited about it.

Much love!
-LA

No comments: