Friday, April 10, 2009

Getting there...ever so slowly

Tunes:"good enough"// westbound train

So close to the end (exactly a month away from graduation!), yet so so so much to do and get done. I feel like I have talked like this all year. But really, the light is shining at the end of the tunnel. It's just a matter of time (a month) until I reach it.

In the meantime, I am finding ways to have fun amidst all of things I need to accomplish. Last weekend here in Harrisonburg was MACRock. It's this annual college radio conference where a lot of popular, college radio bands play showcases all over town and the public gets a badge and can go to all the different venues to check out the different musicians. BEST weekend all year. The weather was beautiful, the company I was in was wonderful and the music was just fantastic. Nothing beats some good live tunes. Nothing.

Highlights were these 2 bands:


[maps & atlases]


[patten is movement]

It was the best release to not have to worry about things, walk around town in the sunshine, drink cold beer on tap, watch some rocking bands up close and just...be. I feel so often down here I am constantly stressing about what I should be doing or need to do eventually. Last weekend though, nope. I just existed and had some fun. Was good for my soul!

As my time here is, again, winding down, I've been trying to determine the specifics of the tattoo I want to get to commemorate my time here and sort of cap it all off. I've been planning on getting a Cardinal (the bird) since last year and now it's a matter of finding the right style/picture/place. I'm getting there. My friend Erin is drawing me something along the lines of this one: here
My hope was to get it on my birthday in a week or so, but I might settle for getting it either when my family's here (want to hold my hand, Mum?) or if and when Ricker comes down to help me move home. I want it essentially in the same spot- on the back of my arm so I can "look back on" it (and the experience, too!)...I'm excited about it.

Now that it is 1:30am, I am going to get to bed.
I'm helping with load-in for a concert tomorrow. Fun!
Much love from the (getting green) valley!

No comments: