Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday Weekend Recap! (Lots of Pictures)

Tunes:"Foggy Lilac Windows"// Frontier Ruckus

The last week has been a pretty great one, minus the terrible sun burn I got this past Saturday. There's nothing fun about a sun burn's itchiness keeping you up at night. Last night was the first I slept soundly through since before Saturday...perhaps the long phone conversation with an old friend right before had helped. Not to mention rolling over at quarter til' 12, which rarely happens.

Regardless of the semi-sleepless nights, my past week was filled with good people, sunshine, fresh air, campfire, folk music, crafts, baking and singing loudly when no one's been around to hear me. All things I love, really.

Friday was beautiful-- sunshine, a warm breeze, a free schedule. I spent the afternoon sprawled out on a blanket at my favorite park reading Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris, followed by dinner with Alie & Emily up on the roof of Dave's Taverna. We haven't hung out just the three of us since last summer, really. So it was long over due. Saturday I slept in and eventually moseyed to the other side of campus for Festival Fest- an annual outdoor concert and Earth celebration here at JMU. It was BEAUTIFUL and the music was wonderful, as was the company...

[Alexis (right) & the crowd]

[Trent Wagler & The Steel Wheels!]

[beautiful ms. Amanda...loves pigs]

[Sunshine & Taylor...]

[Josh Vana & his harmonica]

After I watched the bands I had really wanted to see, I ran over to Walmart to pick up some things for a BBQ and met up with 12 or so friends to drive up to Reddish Knob. I used my birthday (on Monday) as an excuse to get people together up there, and it worked. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and took in the view. It was wonderful...

[Kim explores the mountain top]

[Savannah, Danny & Bianca watch Josh make the fire]

[Stacey!]

[Like a 7 year old, Danny enjoys some Kool-Aid...]

[Kristen beneath the setting sun]

[Bianca, Sarah & Josh- 3 of my most favorite people]

[Kristen, Myself & Stacey...CSPA love]

[The View...]
[Everyone!]

[The reason we go up there...the sunset]

I slept so soundly Saturday night. Sunday Kristen and I went to the Little Grill for eats to start our day off right (Mum- I'm going to bring you all to the Grill on the Sunday you leave! You need to experience it). Spent the day getting some work done and prepping for the RA Recognition Celebration (or "Rec-Cel" as we affectionately call it). My staff looked sharp and I think overall had a really fun evening being dressed up, snapping photos and sharing a nice meal all together. I know I enjoyed it, despite the sunburn and everything...

[Treehouses 08-09]

[Trees...again...being our goofy selves]

[Bianca and I]

[2 of my best friends here- Bianca & Amanda...& I]

[dynamic duo- Bianca & Josh]

[Justin, LaRhonda & Liz...in a staredown?]

[Matt & Sondra]

[Oh, Bryan...]

[Whole staff! Wish Paigey would open her eyes, haha]

[My favorite Jersey girl, Kristen & I]

Monday was my birthday. It was gloomy, but still good. I got a lot of sweet things in the mail from people I miss tremendously and phone calls from family...I can't WAIT to go back home!

Posting all of those pictures took a while, so I'm going to get a move on with the rest of my day. Thank you for all the birthday love!
Hope all is well wherever it is you are!
<3 LA

2 comments:

Stephens said...

Great pictures of the sunset. Thanks.

Kelley Seal said...

I am thinking about going to see Reddish Knob this weekend because it is going to be beautiful. Your pictures really helped me make up my mind to go! Do you have any other suggesstions for beautiful places around JMU? I am graduating in 2 weeks and want to see everything before I leave :(